Saturday, November 17, 2007

Sock It To Me Twice Questionnaire

1. How long have you been knitting? Do you consider yourself beginner, intermediate, advanced? 1.5 years, intermediate
2. How long have you been knitting socks? Just under a year
3. What are your favorite fibers to work with? Alpaca, cashmere, merino
4. What is your favorite color? Blue but I adore pink in a sock
5. What are your current WIPs (works in progress)? Umm... chevron scarf, mitts, 6 pairs of socks, mystery stole 3, eiffel. But very actively only working on the chevron scarf and two pairs of socks
6. Name your favorite yarns, (brand, fibers, colors, etc.). Debbie Bliss (particularly cashmerino), Yarntini, The Knittery, Claudia Hand Painted, Rowan Calmer, Blue Sky Alpaca, and my absolute favourite dyer Lovesticks in the self striping colourways
7. What are some yarns/fibers that you stay away from. I openly admit to being a yarn snob and avoid acrylic
8. What is your family situation? (Married, kids, pets?) Live at home with my parents and my two princess kitties Misty & Mittens
9. Name some of your hobbies. I play flute/piccolo in a community and German band, I dable in playwrighting, enjoy cross stitching, crochet and am learning to sew. I would also consider math a hobby :)
10. Name some of your favorite movies? Love Actually, Shakespear in Love, Dead Poet's Society, About Schmidt, 28 Days
11. Do you like to read? I love to read and have a subscription at Audible
12. Do you collect anything? Flutes/recorders, cat figurines, tiaras, yarn, Le Petit Prince in foreign languages and by the state of my wardrobe apparently cat fur
13. Do you own an iPod or mp3 player? Yes, an mp3 player
14. What are your favorite type of knitting needles? Addi Turbos, I only have 2, wish all my non-dpn's were addi's *sigh*
15. What knitting notion could you not live without? Once it arrives on my doorstep I'm sure the answer will be the yarn winder and swift. At the moment I'm learning that I can't live without my tape measures that I compulsively lose
16. Who are some of your favorite designers? Debbie Bliss, Cookie A.
17. Do you subscribe to any magazines? (Knitting or otherwise.) CRUX Mathematicorum, the CMS Notes (yes, my name doesn't lie about me being a math geek)
18. When is your birthday? May 10th, 1985 (Whacking Day!)
19. Do you have a "wishlist", (on Ravelry, Froogle, or Amazon)? Loopy Ewe, Amazon
20. Do you have a Ravelry ID? mathgirl
21. If you had a sheep, what would you name it? Probably Lambert after that childhood cartoon who's theme song I still haven't gotten out of my head to this day ("Laaaaambert the sheepish lion, Laaaambert is always trying to be a wild and wooly sheep oh Laaaaaambert, the sheepish lion")

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there!

I am your SITM Twice secret pal...I am looking forward to getting to know you and I am so looking forward to shopping for you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Was just reading through some of the SITM Blogs...your kitties are really cute. Sorry for the blooper before...I accidentally posted and deleted. It's probably too late for me to be up reading blogs...hee hee hee.