Monday, August 6, 2007

SP11 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Debbie Bliss, Rowan, Claudia Handpainted
What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
acrylic, fun fur, really tweedy yarn
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A really bad system. An old sour cream container that's too smal and constantly gets knocked over. And my floor ;)
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn?
Just over a year
Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Intermediate
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No
5. What's your favorite scent?
Vanilla, lavender
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Absolutely!!! Milk chocolate, fuzzy peaches, jelly beans, sour soothers, cherry blasters, jolly ranchers, clod hoppers, lollipops, I could really go on for a long time :)
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Crochet, cross stitch, just started to teach myself to sew
Do you spin?
No
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I have very eclectic tastes and will listen to almost anything that isn't heavy metal. Though I am extra partial to jazz, musical theatre and lounge music.
9. What's your favorite color(s)?
Pink, blues, turquoise, black
Any colors you just can't stand?
Orange, bright green, brown, bright yellow
10. What is your family situation?
I live at home with my parents, and I'm an only child.
Do you have any pets?
Two cats, Misty & Mittens.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Considering that winters in my city can go past -40 and winters drag on from about November to mid-April, I get tons of use out of scarves, hats of the toque variety and mittens. You wouldn't however catch me dead in a poncho.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks, baby items, lace
13. What are you knitting right now?
4/5 pairs of socks, two baby blankets, two lace shawls and pretending to still be actively knitting a sweater
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I love it
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Straight, though if I could afford to stock my set with Addis I would probably switch to circs
Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
aluminum
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No, but sure wish I did.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
However long ago I cast on that sweater, so since December maybe?
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Whacking Day!!!! (my birthday happens to fall on the famed Simpsons holiday). But other than that, Christmas.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Flutes/recorders, cat figurines, Le Petit Prince in foreign languages, yarn :)
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
I am just itching to try some Yarn Pirate sock yarn and Socks That Rock sock yarn. I also need a stitch dictionary
What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Next on my list is intarsia or fair isle knitting
22. Are you a sock knitter?
Obsessively so!
What are your foot measurements?
9 inches from heel to toe, 8.5 around. Size 8 shows.
23. When is your birthday?
May 10th, 1985
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Yes. ID is mathgirl

No comments: