Saturday, August 2, 2008

No more monkeys doing yoga on the bed!

Hello all! Lots to share with you guys as I've been very productive in this past week or so. However, I have the new and shiny syndrome and the earlier FOs will have to wait for the one I did this afternoon. This would be a sewing FO that I've been wanting to do for months and months now but particularly since I ordered the most fun fabric ever last month that just screamed to be used. So here is my latest sewing creation finished in basically an afternoon:
P8020215


P8020217


P8020213


P8020218


The pattern is based on Amy Karol's "Simple Tote" from Bend The Rules Sewing. The main fabric is aptly called Yoga Monkeys, aww. I made a few mods to the pattern. Namely I reversed the the wide and length dimensions on the tote and used the same fabric for the entire outside. I made different handles to have the outside fabric on the outside and the lining fabric on the inside of the handles too. I also did not put in a pocket.
I see lots of these my future and highly recommend them to others who are getting into sewing (super simple!). It's the perfect size for a sock WIP!

7 comments:

Amelah said...

Very cute!! I like it!!!

So how much for one lol ;)

Montreal Mama said...

Love the material!

noricum said...

Awesome!

knitting singer said...

Super Cute! I love the fabric.

Jewels said...

omg what a cute monkey material! Great tote.

Anonymous said...

Just letting you know I am working on your Final package ;)

Amelah said...

Hey! You have bee tagged, check out my blog to see what I mean! :)